Beginner HIIT Workouts
With the summer months approaching, we all want to look our best. If you want to get that summer body but you are too busy, HIIT workouts are a great option. This type of workout makes you work out consistently for a short period and will make you break a sweat. However, it is important to be careful as it can be intense.
What is a HIIT Work Out?
HIIT stands for high-intensity interval training. This type of cardio workout pushes you to pace out of your comfort zone. HIIT consists of getting an entire routine done in a short period of time, which pushes your effort level and increases your heart rate. This is a great option if you want to break a sweat in a short span of time since you will burn just as many calories as you would if you did a slower-paced workout routine. However, if you are a beginner, it is important that you first become familiar with all the movements in the routine to then work them into your HIIT routine.
Work Outs You Can Do
Your HIIT workout routine can consist of any exercise you would like. The main focus is that you do not take a break between sets to keep your heart rate up. For most exercises, you will need an exercise mat, like the S36, which comes in a variety of sizes and has a lifetime guarantee.
This set of exercises consists of two supersets with two exercises each. The first is a reverse lunge and push-up, in which you will complete 20 seconds of the first exercise and 10 seconds of the second. Rest for a minute and complete five total rounds. For the second superset, you will do side shuffles and slider arm circles, in which you will do each exercise for 30 seconds. Rest for a minute and complete five total rounds.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step back with the right foot and bend both knees, sinking into a lounge.
- Return to starting position and repeat with the other leg.
- Start with a high plank.
- Bend your elbows and lower chest to the floor.
- Push through the palms of your hands to straighten your arms.
Side Shuffle with Floor Tap
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Position yourself into a half squat and shuffle to the right and tap the floor with the right hand.
- When shuffling to the left, tap the floor with your left hand.
Slider Arm Circles
- Start with a high plank.
- Press your left hand into the slider and slowly draw a circle, both counter and clockwise.
- Continue for 15 seconds and switch sides.
If you are looking for a good exercise mat for your new HIIT workout routine, S36 has you covered. We offer mats of various sizes for you to work out anywhere you would like, with or without shoes. Additionally, our mats are manufactured to the highest standards and are free from BPA, Phthalates, formaldehyde, and harmful colorants. Our mats are 7mm thick and dense, to give you the epitome of comfort when getting that toned body. For more information, visit S36exercise.com.