5 Easy Exercises To Do At Home (even if you only have a small space)
If you are working out at home and only have a small space there are still lots of exercises you can do! Don't feel discouraged if you don't have a lot of space. You will be surprised how many exercises you can do even in the smallest of spaces. Below are several small space inspired exercises. You won't need any fancy equipment for these exercises, just make sure to have a great exercise mat (as you don't want to ruin your floors and also it's great to have some added cushioning. The S36 exercise mats come in a variety of sizes and are great for home exercising. If you have a small space the 6'x4' would be the best size for you!
1) Mountain Climbers - These are just how they sound. Lay out on the mat, and extend your arms so you are in a plank position. Then stay in this position and place your knees up to your chest one at a time. Go as fast as you can while staying horizontal to the ground.
2) Planks - planks are the easiest way to build core muscles and don't take up very much room at all. Lay on top of your mat and extend your arms out. Use your core muscles and your arms to hold your body off the floor. Make sure your bum is in line with your body. Keep this hold for 1 minute. Relax for 30 seconds and repeat for 5 reps.
3) Sit Ups - lay on the floor with your legs bent. Put your arms behind your head and lift your chest as high as you can towards your knees. Do 10 reps and take a 30 second break.
4) Push Ups - Lay on the floor and bring your entire body up with your arms, leaving your toes on the floor. Bend your arms down and push up with your body. Do 10 then relax for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
5) Swats - In a standing position, open your legs hip distance apart. Bend your legs as low as you can leaving the rest of your body straight. Repeat 10 times, rest 30 seconds and do 5 reps.These are super easy workouts that you can easily do once a day just to get in some extra movement. Even if you need some movement at work, you don't need much space at all with these exercises. Grab a mat and just get up and move!